(renames Devils Bridge by the Regiment).
On 31st July 1912 the Borth & Ynyslas GolfClub offered honorary membership to the Regiment, and matches were played between the Regiment and the Golf Club.
The origional match was won by the Fusiliers (halving the singles and winning the doubles).
The Fusiliers team consisted of Maj Ainsley, Turner & Shoubridge, Lts Nicholls, Rushbrook and Molyneux.
In 1914 the Fusiliers left for Ypres and presented
a silver putter to the Golf Club in appreciation of their kindness
and friendship. The putter has been played for by the Borth &
Ynyslas Golf Club ever since. The Fusiliers Golfing Society continue
to play a bi-annual event against the golf club to this day, and have
presented a "Bronze Fusilier Statue" in memory of those
lost in 2 world wars.
The teams have increased from 6 to 25 per side. On 31 July 2012 we celebrated our 100 year connection with the Borth & Ynyslas Golf Club, and the match has become a 3 day event.
On one of the days a match is played in memory of Major Michael Gibson-Horrocks who was both a Fusilier and member of Borth & Ynyslas Golf Club. The money raised at this event is donated to The Fusilier Aid Society".
The Fusiliers won the Fusilier Trophy